cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lied to by Employee

MSA1803
Visitor

I was offered a watch for free in September 2021, which was an upgrade from series 5 to series 6. I was later tagged onto a £30 charge monthly and shortly moved countries afterwards so I couldn’t do anything about it. This was in-person in the covent garden store, the employee who served me has left since.

I’ve now returned to the country and tried to resolve this issue. I went to a nearby branch in bank and then went to the covent garden store and was told that they cannot do anything about it. I don’t remember signing a contract for the same and if I did, the employees at the store refuse to try and pull up the records. Customer service via phone is also refusing to help. 

Essentially, I have £30 going out of my account every month until September 2023 and I do not know what I can do about it. Any guidance would be much appreciated. 

1 REPLY 1
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @MSA1803 

There is no customer account access on these forums. Without understanding what was said it is difficult to say if you are correct or not. It maybe that the watch fee was removed but you would still pay for the tariff (which you need). Thinking about it sensibly do you think you get a £600-£700 watch for free? 

You can always pay off the remaining contract term and cancel. 

You'll need to raise a complaint. See here: 

https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/safety-and-security/protecting-your-information/complaints-code-of-pr...

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.