cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't pay my bill and I'm terminally ill

Downtoearth
Investigator
Investigator

I'm so very sorry to post this but my account has been suspended despite EE knowing that aged 42 I recently discovered that I'm terminally ill. I have previously offered to provide evidence and I have promised that I will pay what I can when I am able until I know for sure what benefits I am able to get. Its been awful and embarrassing getting benefits as an owner of 3 flower shops. And now I need assistance in the bathroom. EE promised me that as a valued customer from the early 2000's they would help. I only owe £30 yet this is the 3rd time in 2 months I've been suspended and my phone is my lifeline. Am I in the wrong? I'm not in a hospice yet and if I fall or need help. I'm done for. Please help me. It's 2am and I'm panicking 

3 REPLIES 3
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Downtoearth : Sorry to hear that you are in ill-health. You should discuss your difficulties urgently with CS. Follow Help if you can't pay your bill

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Also you should be able to disk emergency services even when your account is suspended.

But EE will help you but you need to call and agree a date.

You'll need to do this every month if you are going to be late every month.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Downtoearth

I'm very sorry to hear this and will do anything we can to help you at this difficult time. 

I've sent you a private message on the community this morning, if you can take a look and get back to me when you can. 

Thanks. 

Leanne.