cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

spam filter failure

MehWhoCares
Contributor
Contributor

I have been running a small mail server at home for years now and to help filter out Spam I was making use of Spamhaus.org blocklist. I put this in place shortly after I built the server and it has been really effective in blocking a lot of spam but when I changed provider to EE I found an issue. Instead of just blocking the spam I instead receive nothing and have had to turn this feature off to receive my mails (and now three or four spam for each real email).

The only change was the move to EE and I am hoping there is something I can do to get this active again so save me wading through the muck to find the pearls.

2 REPLIES 2
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @MehWhoCares

I'm not really sure what could be causing this, to be honest. Hopefully another community member may be able to shed some light on it. Otherwise, I'd recommend speaking to our technical support team.

Chris

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

You would know more about spam filters, blocklists and their providers than I. I can only suppose that it's to do with the public IP that EE's assigning you but it's usually the other way round. All that you can try is a few (not too many in short space of time) resyncs/reboots to get a public IP that is not blocked. 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)