cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocked iPhone 12 Pro Max

NickArkoudakis
Explorer

I am going to receive my brand new iPhone 12 Pro Max in a few days but i forgot to ask the company if these devices are unlocked so i can use a second line by a different telephone company with the same handset. Does anybody know anything about that? Thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

This is how they stop you from getting the device feom them for possibly a discounted price and using another network immediately (I know it makes no sense) - they'll unlock it automatically one it's paid off.

This is why I bought from Apple directly and you can pay monthly - my £16 a month sim only plan + phone payments is CHEAPER than going through EE 'upgrade' and I get all the same stuff (but only 1 smart benefit at a time)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@NickArkoudakis   If you’re getting it from EE it will be locked to EE and the device cannot be unlocked until you’ve had it for six months then you can make an unlock request and it will cost you £8.99.  

Thanks for your replay. I didn’t know that and i ordered already. I hope this period will by only 6 months and no longer. However it is not logical getting a dual sim handset and not being able to use the second....

This is how they stop you from getting the device feom them for possibly a discounted price and using another network immediately (I know it makes no sense) - they'll unlock it automatically one it's paid off.

This is why I bought from Apple directly and you can pay monthly - my £16 a month sim only plan + phone payments is CHEAPER than going through EE 'upgrade' and I get all the same stuff (but only 1 smart benefit at a time)