Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared data on Apple Watch plan

Ceriw86
Investigator
Investigator

Hi

does anyone know why EE don’t allow Apple Watch plans to share the data on their mobile phone plan. 

I have 30gb per month on my phone and really don’t need an extra 10gb just for a watch. 

is there a way to share the data? 

thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

Hello @Ceriw86 ,

Welcome to the community,

Unfortunately there is no way of sharing data. The whole point of the data on the watch is so that you can go out without your phone, otherwise you should have bought the non-cellular, but that will then only work over bluetooth and you would have had to get it elsewhere.

If you are still within your minimum term with your phone contract, then you cannot downgrade your plan, but once you have ended your minimum term, you can go for a sim only plan with less data, or if you have a sim only plan, you may change to a lower plan.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

@Ceriw86   It’s because it’s a different device and to have data or the watch  EE can charge you for it.  Your phone data allowance was for you phone when you purchased that tariff and any data via your phone and the watch can work independently of your phone. 

I get the whole point is to be able to go out without my phone. My question was is there a way to share data on plan across the watch and my phone. Similar to a sharer plan that allows 1 data allowance to be used across multiple devices. 

@Ceriw86  No it’s not possible as it’s a separate device on your account.  The watch to have data has to have its own allowance to use data.  

Another way of EE getting more money from us all 😂

@Ceriw86   In a way yes as EE is a business that is trying to make money.  If you was to take out a contract for a different device on your a account would you be expect to be able to use the data from your phone on that device?     Not taking in to account data gifting that would allow that but you’ll still need a separate contract for that device with its own data allowance.