cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it a upgrade or a new plan?

WillCanarin
Investigator
Investigator

Hi all, at the moment I have a 35£ unlimited data only SIM plan that was finished on july. I see this option of an apple watch plan but is not very clear for me. What is the difference to unpaired plan to paired plan? And I see that most of the prices are around 35£ with unlimited data. I wonder if this data will I be able to use to my phone? when I make this new plan the older one disappears and the new one with the apple watch will take place ? And I can use the data in both advises ?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@WillCanarin  Any Watch plan you take out with not use your phone data allowance the watch has its own allowance of data.    

When the watch is connected to your phone via Bluetooth it’ll then receive notification from the phone if you leave your phone at home the watch will still receive those notifications as it has its own data allowance.    Your calls/texts allowance are the only things the watch will use from your phone allowance.   

If you go everywhere with your phone you don’t need a cellular watch you just need the none cellular one. ( EE don’t sell this type). 

You want to take out a paired plan as the watch is going to be used by yourself and linked to your phone so when someone calls your number you watch will also ring. ( same for texts) 

an unpaired plan is for people who are going to give someone a watch but that person doesn’t have an iPhone to link it too.  Think of parents wanting to keep a check on their kids   An unpaired plan has its own cellular allowance and calls/text allowance and it’s linked to the parents iPhone so they can control who that person can call/text. You don’t what this plan. 

You’ll still need a contract for your phone as the watch has to be on an account that has a contract iPhone on it.  You can not upgrade your phone contract to a watch contract.  These are separate devices that both need their own contracts.  

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @WillCanarin.

Welcome to the community.

Do you currently have a phone contract with EE?

Do you have more than one line on your account?

Are you looking to get rid of a line and replace it with an Apple Watch plan?

Jon

Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@WillCanarin  Any Watch plan you take out with not use your phone data allowance the watch has its own allowance of data.    

When the watch is connected to your phone via Bluetooth it’ll then receive notification from the phone if you leave your phone at home the watch will still receive those notifications as it has its own data allowance.    Your calls/texts allowance are the only things the watch will use from your phone allowance.   

If you go everywhere with your phone you don’t need a cellular watch you just need the none cellular one. ( EE don’t sell this type). 

You want to take out a paired plan as the watch is going to be used by yourself and linked to your phone so when someone calls your number you watch will also ring. ( same for texts) 

an unpaired plan is for people who are going to give someone a watch but that person doesn’t have an iPhone to link it too.  Think of parents wanting to keep a check on their kids   An unpaired plan has its own cellular allowance and calls/text allowance and it’s linked to the parents iPhone so they can control who that person can call/text. You don’t what this plan. 

You’ll still need a contract for your phone as the watch has to be on an account that has a contract iPhone on it.  You can not upgrade your phone contract to a watch contract.  These are separate devices that both need their own contracts.  

Hi @Jon_K , my contract with EE finished on July of 2021, I only have one line on my account, and yes, I was wondering if I can get rid of the line I have at the moment, and apply for this Apple Watch one with unlimited internet paying £35 a month, instead the one I’m paying now which is £25 unlimited data and tex and calls. I’ll be paying £10 more, but with a Apple Watch on my wrist lol. My doubt is if I can use the date for my iPhone, because if I get rid of the plan I already have, I’ll have no internet data for it, and I much rather have internet on my phone than on a watch. 

thanks for your help. 

Thank you @Chris_B, so if I want to make a watch contract, I still have to keep one for my phone. Thank you for help me 

@WillCanarin  Yes.  Apple watch’s have to be on an account that has a iPhone on contract on it, that can be a sim only contract if you wish to continue with the same iPhone.   It can be any sim only contract so you could get a cheap one if you choose.   Just to add the data for the watch can not be shared with the contract for the iPhone and Vice versa.  Each device has their own allowance.