by EE Community Manager
EE Community Manager

Power Bars Update – Full Recall

Hi everyone, 

We’re recalling all EE Power Bars. This is just a precaution, but we want to make sure all our customers are safe.

If you have a Power Bar, you should stop using it straight away and hand it in to one of our stores.

We’re taking this action because we’re aware of a very small number of further incidents where Power Bars have overheated in circumstances that could cause a fire safety risk.

Keeping our customers safe is extremely important to us, and that’s why we’re taking this voluntary and precautionary action.

What is the issue?

We’ve identified a very small number of incidents where Power Bars have overheated.

What should I do?

We’re asking everyone to stop using Power Bars and unplug them from their phones or tablets, and the mains. You should return the Power Bar to an EE store as soon as you can.

How do I get my £20 voucher?

When you return your Power Bar to an EE Store you’ll be given a £20 voucher if you are an eligible EE customer. One of the team there will give you instructions about how to claim your voucher. You’ll be able to redeem your voucher at accessories.ee.co.uk

Where is my nearest store?

You can find your local EE store here: https://storefinder.ee.co.uk/ee/stores.html

How do I get a replacement?

At the moment we’re fully focused on the recall. We’ll share more information soon.

Please comment below with any questions or concerns. 

Elena

194 REPLIES
by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

Re: Power Bars Update – Full Recall

Can you add the text from the sidebar. It might help.

" For those who are unable to get to an EE store, please call our information line on 0800 079 0305."

by Legend
Legend

LOL Merry Christmas from EE Smiley Very Happy

You should have recalled all these 6 months + ago, what a shambles. 

Thanks, 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Can I have a voucher? Haha.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Sorry I jumped to post before I read all the post. I can have a voucher. Get in.
by Haydon-Berrow Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Thank you for taking all the necessary care. I have supplementary questions that you may want to add the the FAQ

• I have more than one power bar, will I get a voucher for each?
  • The voucher for the first recall consisted of the mobile number of the mobile phone we use, will this be true again?
  • If the voucher number is the mobile phone number, and I have a power bar for a phone or sim card that I no longer have, does this mean that I can't get a voucher for it?
  • If the voucher number is the mobile phone number, and I have two power bars but only one phone, can I have two vouchers with the same phone number
  • If I have two vouchers worth £20, can I combine them to buy a replacement power bar that costs £40 (well, actually £39.99)?

Thanks

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @Haydon-Berrow.

Some great questions there.

• First the power bar voucher is the mobile number you used to text for the power bar.
  • This is used along with a unique ID given in store to you.
  • The store you go to will check the mobile number you give to see if the power bar was registered to that number.
  • You can only use one voucher per transaction.

Hope I answered everything for you. If not you know where I am.

by Prema_C
Explorer

Re: Power Bar - code won't work

I returned my EE powerbar in August, and I've been told the code to use is my mobile number. I tried entering it into the 'voucher' section, but it says my code cannot be found. I've also had no text message/email about the code. Is there any way I can redeem it without having to travel to a store?

Thank you!

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Prema_C. Your to late with your code you should of used it before October 31st.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

It was one power bar per phone number. You can not have 2 bars on the same number.
by Prema_C
Explorer

I only just recieved an email today stating I'd get a voucher, I returned my powerbar before they had begun to give them out. Does this mean I don't get one?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

If you don't have a power bar to return you can not get a voucher. The store would of logged your power bar return against your phone number so they know that you have already returned it.
by Legend
Legend

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/news/article-3362788/EE-recalls-power-bars-fire-risk-caused-overhea...

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by vonny
Visitor

hi i returned my power bar in august and recieved a message on the 6th august to thank me for returning it and you would be in touch to let me know what was happening , i have just seen that customers are being offered  a voucher and was wondering if those who returned them way back in august if we are eligible for this  and how do we get it if we are

by

Good morning to you all.

I am sorry the voucher would have been valid for 30 days only.

After this time the voucher expires and cannot be used.

I hope this helps everyone querying the voucher process.

by MattchooLUFC
Visitor

I'm not an EE customer but I have a power bar so I'm not returning it unless non EE customers get £20 voucher too
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

If anything happens its your own fault you have been asked to return what could be a faulty device. If you choose to not return it that's up to you.
by

Hello there @MattchooLUFC.

Did you buy the power bar?

Is this from someone who is on EE?

I will see what we can do.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Returned and voucher used.
by sean0014
Explorer

I handed my power bar in on Wednesday, the advisor took down my phone number and said I'd receive a text with the voucher code. No such code yet received, and I've tried using my phone number as the code on accessories.ee.co.uk, it does not recognise it.

Not impressed. Any advice?

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions