cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra - dual sim??

mrdonmccann
Visitor

Hey - thinking of upgrading to the S21 Ultra but need dual sim. Anyone able to tell me if the handsets EE sell in the UK will have dual (esim and nano)?? 

17 REPLIES 17
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @mrdonmccann

Welcome to the community. 🙂

Yes, they're dual SIM (eSIM and nano SIM). 

Chris

@mrdonmccann please bear in mind if you purchase from EE the phone is locked to EE and can't be unlocked for 6 months.

So if you need dual sim to use another network as well you won't be able to for the first 6 months.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below

Hi.

Can someone from EE confirm this is true please? I won't be able to use dual sim for the first 6 months if i buy a Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra?

Thanks

Katie_B

Hi @urbine94

Are the SIMS being used EE?

Katie 🙂

One sim will be my EE contract, the other my work vodafone SIM

Katie_B

Hi @urbine94

Both SIMs would need to be EE SIMs for the first 6 months. 

You can then process an unlock request. 

Katie 🙂

Ok thanks. I'll just buy the phone outright and do sim only then instead.

Datasdad
Investigator
Investigator

Hi I got theScreenshot_20210306-100033_One UI Home.jpg

s21 ultra on release date I was wondering the same thing as I upgraded from the S20 ultra which I did have two numbers in I had an Esim sent out to replace my number and I was going to put a physical second number sim in the slot however I scanned the card QR code for the E sim it did not take come up with an error so still greyed out also asu can see got these errors when starting backup plus now shows data call text using SIM 1? When I went into my my SIM management they are greyed out can't you have two SIMs just spoke to EE they don't even have the diagnostics as yet so I would hold off as also told I have to have 2 EE numbers and not an alternative network ad can't not get my phone unlocked for 6-months hope this helps....EE  rap if you're reading would love your feedback on this this

Screenshot_20210306-100051_One UI Home.jpg