cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Debit Change

abbyy_
Explorer

Hey!

On the ‘MyEE’ app I changed my original direct debit date a few days ago as I’m unable to pay the upcoming bill before I get paid. 

I had a text to confirm that it had been changed but I’ve had texts from EE saying that my bill will still be taken out on or after my original direct debit date? 

Will I be paying my bill on the new date arranged or do I have to phone them? 

I just don’t want my bill coming out on the original date yet it being declined.

Thanks everyone! 🙂

6 REPLIES 6
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

What was your original DD date? If it had already been set in motion on your billing date it will be too late to change it until next month. 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

The original direct debit date is the 6th.

Are you suggesting I call them to explain?

No, I'm saying it's too late to do anything about it. The DD has already been requested from the bank. If it fails EE will try again in about a week for the last time of asking. 

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Hi @abbyy_ ,

I recommend to contact your bank and arrange an overdraft facility allowing that debit to be covered.

Below is further information on the impact of changing the Direct Debit date.

https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/billing-usage-and-top-up/paying-my-bill/direct-debit-explained#articl...

If your new bill date is after your next regular bill:

you'll be charged the full month in advance on your next bill as normal

your new bill is then produced on the new date

you are credited for any days you were already charged which fall after the new date

you are charged for your full month's service from the new bill date

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net

@XRaySpeX wrote:

What was your original DD date? If it had already been set in motion on your billing date it will be too late to change it until next month. 

This is also a good chance to point out one thing.

Technically you don't change your Direct Debit date, you actually change your billing date - which impacts the DD payment date.

And as @XRaySpeX points out, if the billing date has already passed when you change it, then the DD process will have already started and the change will take effect next month.

If you new DD date was to be between the 6th & the 13th your DD this month should work on the 2nd time of asking, but your DD date change still won't happen until next month.