Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double Data Message

MrsC16
Investigator
Investigator

Hello,

I've had a message from 1122 to say I can get double data as I'm also a BT broadband member. It says if I reply with the word DOUBLE it will be added. 

When I replied to the message it then says it'll charge me to send. Is this just a standard network rate message and can it be trusted?

Thanks 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @MrsC16 

I think that message pops up on Android devices, but it's definitely free.

Chris

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28
Christopher_G

Hi @MrsC16 

The message is from us. What exactly does it say when you go to reply back to it?

Chris

Hi Chris

When I wrote DOUBLE and then pressed send, a notification popped up to say I will be charged for replying to the original message. I didn't confirm as I was concerned if it was a scam, then I'd be charged more than usual. 

Thanks 

Christopher_G

Hi @MrsC16 

I think that message pops up on Android devices, but it's definitely free.

Chris

Thank you.

Hi, I had exactly the same message. So is it genuine. Is there double data being offered for free? 

No good saying 'It's from us'

So if I replied with DOUBLE, does it take effect immediately or a week later or what?

Christopher_G

Yes, the double data offer in the text message is free, @Sapmeister 

It's usually added pretty quickly but can take up to 24 hours.

Chris

wibidee
Visitor

I've had this SMS too...I was suspicious of it too and wondered why it needed to be claimed rather than dished out by default to EE and BT customers.  Is there any disbenefit in claiming it?

Leanne_T

Hi @wibidee 

Nothing will change if you decide you don't need double data. if you would like to benefit from this please reply to the text 🙂

Leanne.