cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data gifting

catokent
Investigator
Investigator

I have two phones.  One is a 4GB plan the other is a 1GB plan.  I gotr a message that my 1GB plan is 80% of data used so I have tried to gift data from the other account as I have done on previous months, but it is now saying that the phone I am gifting to is data rich and on an unlimited data plan.  This seems to make no sense to me.  I just want to gift data so that I don't get charged for going over my data limit of 1GB

7 REPLIES 7
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @catokent 

Welcome to the community.

Does this happen both through the EE App and the EE Online site?

Chris

It happened on my laptop when trying to do the data gifting.  I haven't tried it on the mobile.

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Could you give it a try for me please, @catokent

Chris

catokent
Investigator
Investigator

I'm getting the same. got a message that 80% of data is used.  tried to top it up with data gifting to be told that it can't be done as the one receiving is data rich and is unlimited data despite only having a 1GB package

It has worked on the app on the mobile.

I will have to try it that way from now on.

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

What does texting AL to 150 from your 1GB plan no. fully report verbatim (it is free)?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

@catokent  just to add, if you run out of data, you can’t be charged for data,  You have to have a data allowance in order to use data