cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT WiFi hotspots are becoming EE WiFi hotspots, EE BB customers can log in now

Theo77
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

This post is partly an informational one to let you know about some exciting news I've found out about, but I still have a few questions too. 

BT WiFi is becoming EE WiFi right now. There has been an ISP Review article confirming this, and I have personally seen an open "EE WiFi" network start to pop-up instead of BT WiFi. The most exciting change though is that there's now a new login option for EE Broadband customers. This means that EE Broadband customers can log in to every BT WiFi hotspot, not just the ones who's name has changed. You can just select "EE Broadband" under Account type and you'll be redirected to My EE to log in and then you'll be connected.  

If you're an EE Broadband customer this is great news, but I still have a few questions. 
I am currently  a customer of BT Broadband and EE mobile. I thought this transition would see BTWifi-X entirely got rid of or replaced by EE WiFi-Auto (WiFi coverage boost). I'm all set up to connect to EE WiFi-Auto, so I thought that this transition would be beneficial. However, today I saw "EEWifi-X" This network used EAP security, and looked official. It was also in an area with great 4G coverage, so not a WiFi coverage boost area. So, my question is, how do I set up my iOS device for EEWifi-X? I'm asking this here since the network now has EE in its name.  

31 REPLIES 31
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Theo77,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

The only thing that is changing at the moment is the name of the service. You'll still be able to connect with the same username and password.

James

Theo77
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

IMG_9695.png

Hi, 
Thank you for your reply. I understand I can log in with the same username and password via a manual login each time, and I have already done this on one of the new EE WiFi hotspots. My question is, do you know what the "EE WiFi-X" network is (its secure and seems to appear whenever EE WiFi appears, see attached screenshot), and whether either my EE Mobile plan or BT ID would make me eligible for this. I'm asking as this would let me auto-connect. I'm already set up for BTWifi-X, but from what I understand this appears to be gradually disappearing.  

Christopher_G

It should be the same service as BT WiFi, with the same logins @Theo77.

Are you able to connect to it?

Chris

Hello,

I am an EE Broadband customer, but when I try to login to EE WiFi with my EE details it keeps kicking me back to the BT WiFi login page, it doesn’t connect.

Any help?

Christopher_G

Hi @Ocarter23 

Please contact our Customer Care team so they can check everything from our side for you.
Chris

Chris

What option would it come under? Account, technical? Phone, broadband? None of the options are clear for this issue

Cheers

Oli

Christopher_G

Follow the options for technical support for whichever service you have with us, @Ocarter23 

Chris

Ocarter23
Investigator
Investigator

Just to point out something regarding this, after being on the phone with EE for over an hour to get to the bottom of it.

EE WiFi (previously BT Wi-Fi) hotspots are NOT available to all EE Broadband customers. They’ve falsely tied it in with their WiFi Coverage Boost claiming 150,000 hotspots available. However not all these hotspots will let you connect and ask you to still pay BT for access.

Technical support had no solution, had never even heard of EE providing hotspots. 

Thanks for the update @Ocarter23  I suspected the OP had overstated whatever it was they had read.