cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Traditional broadband not fibre

Josie_groom89
Explorer

Hi there

We are living in a flat where we cannot change the wiring or sockets...we were sent a box and an engineer came out but couldn't fit it as expected. Is there still the option of having broadband, without going to fiber and new wires. 

Sorry for lack of technical terms here, I'm rubbish at techy terms. 

4 REPLIES 4
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Why were you sent a box? Did you apply to EE for BB? If so, what plan did they say they wanted to give you?

If your area still only has ordinary fibre (FTTC) you should be able to get it from EE.

Do you have a working BT phone socket?

What does BT Wholesale Broadband Availability Checker estimate for your phone number? Post just the whole table and the line above it, blanking out your phone number. If it doesn't recognise your phone number or you don't have one, use the Address Checker.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thank you for your reply, we did go to EE as already a customer for mobile phone so went there first. Explained that we were in a rented flat, and they said the engineer would still need to come out. We knew that this was probably going to be a waste of time. We have the standard connection....like the one you put in a phone or internet box but not the option of changing wires...which seems to be the only option for fibre, the area is fibre but not the landlady or perhaps the owner of the block. A different employee instantly said "oh you need traditional broadband" so I think it's an option...just wanting to be able to go back in there knowing the correct terms for what we need. We are currently waiting for them to send a bag to send the box back so we can sort it. We don't have a phone number but this is what came up....

1000008022.png

@Josie_groom89 At the top of the page you posted, click on the Address checker, and put in house number and postcode then go from there...

You can use the Address Checker from the 3-bar Menu at top.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)