cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy fold screen issues

Bazza1306
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I am looking for other people who are in the same situation as me. They got a galaxy fold phone, the screen went in the middle due to the manufacturing of the phone yet ee nor Samsung will admit fault and expect a payment for repair . Might I add that this is only 7 month into a 24 month  contract so I'm now the proud owner of a not great skinny screen 1200 pounds phone. 

I'm having to take this matter to the ombudsman although ee seem to be taking a lot of time sending me a deadlock letter. After 15 years of custom I've received no help on the matter even though its blatantly obvious that the fold screen is not fit for purpose and has major  faults

It goes to show when some companies won't even insure the phone that there are major issues yet ee continue to sell them

If my contracts were lower I would leave now but unfortunately the four contracts I have with ee are a fair way away from finishing. I will be moving to 02 after over 15 years as I have been made out to be a liar by ee. I will make sure as many people know that ee will not help if you get a fold phone on as many platforms as possible and hopefully succeed with the ombudsman case.

Ee deny knowing that there is an issue with the fold 3 yet I have a screenshot of an ee employee on the ee app saying they are aware of the issue

The whole thing is a joke, never had an issue with ee but maybe now bt have bought them the customer service will go too.

Yes this is a rant but to have to take something as far as the ombudsman because a phone company who supplied your phone won't help is pretty annoying especially as my bill is £180 pm

41 REPLIES 41
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Bazza1306 

Photo? 

Have you claimed directly from Samsung via the Samsung warranty? 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
Bazza1306
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Yes and unsurprisingly gave the exact same excuse its having to go to the ombudsman as neither ee nor Samsung are willing to admit its a phone fault. I've already got 78 people with the exact same issue. Ee continue to seel these knowing that there is a major issue

@Bazza1306   EE are only selling what Samsung have produced the issue lies with Samsung not EE as Samsung are the manufacturer and provider or the warranty.   You have a 12 month warranty on the screen provided by Samsung.     Why has Samsung refused the fix the issue as they need to provide you with a reason why if they have what’s that reason you’ve not said. 

Bazza1306
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Even If the king provided a faulty product to me I would stop selling it

Due to paint scratches on the opposite side of the actual fault they say warranty is void.......basically both parties are using a cop-out 

Bazza1306
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Just to add the fact that some phone insurers won't even insure the fold 3 speaks volumes

@Bazza1306   So they are saying physical damage to the device.    Can you post an image of this damage?    Because @Northerner did request this.      

Bazza1306
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

IMG-20230304-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20230304-WA0006.jpg

So the marks alleged to have completely made the middlenof the fold come away from the device

Bazza1306
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

IMG-20230304-WA0004.jpg

This is what  the issue is

@Bazza1306   Sorry to say but those marks could have been made be the device being dropped ( not saying it has though).  This could be the reason why they refused to fix it under warranty.   
   The frame colour is electroplated and to remove this it has to be damaged.   You have marks/chips on what looks like a couple of places on the device, the first image damage looks small but it looks like it has been dropped. It’s a bit of a nick in the corner, and the screen protector looks like it’s peeling on your second image (this peel was nothing todo with this though )   No offence but looks like it’s been dropped to cause those marks and that drop could be why the screen is damaged so no warranty will cover this. 

This is only my opinion based on your 2 images.    
your warranty claim on the screen will take into account any damage to the device that might of caused the screen to get damaged.     Again this is only based off what I can see in the images.