cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking an old Samsung S8

tina901
Explorer

I am trying to unlock a Samsung S8 locked to EE. I put in the IMEI number and it gives me an unlock code. I click on the 'Get started' to unlock or press unlock and it takes me back to the section to input the IMEI number again. It just goes round in circles. Anyone experienced the same?

11 REPLIES 11
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@tina901 : Have you inserted a non-EE SIM?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Yes I did and doesn't work. I then removed it and tried to unlock but still won't work

You can only unlock it when a diff network's SIM is present.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Karens99
Investigator
Investigator

Hi. I'm having exactly the same issue with my old samsung s8. Did you get any joy? Thanks

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Karens99 

Are you entering the unlock code into the phone keypad, after getting this? 

Leanne. 

It gives me the code but continues in a loop taking you back to the instructions.  No where to submit the unlocking number.  Tried to put it in when it asked for the puk withy sim but this doesn't work!

Leanne_T

Hi @Karens99 

If this is the online unlock request that takes you back to the instructions, this is correct as the code should be entered into the device and not online. 

What happens when you use the unlocking code with another network SIM card in the phone? 

Leanne.

It took the code but its now asking for the puk

Leanne_T

Thanks @Karens99 

Could you try using the last 8 numbers of your unlocking code and see if this takes you to the next screen, if so, then try and enter the first 8 digits of the unlock code. 

Does this work for you? 

Leanne.