Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My new sim is not working

batman4
Investigator
Investigator

Hi

i just got my new pay monthly sim card and the internet is not working on my phone but it is working on my old one, i tried contacting EE but is impossible to speak with an actual person.

Why is this happening? the phone is sim free and is working for calls but no a sign of internet at all.

also all the details on my EE app account are old for a PAYG old sim and i can't change it!

Thank you

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
batman4
Investigator
Investigator

Hi all

I finally managed to fix the problem on a chat with Samsung.

the EE team helped me to reset an APN but still didn't work, the guy from Samsung told me to do it again but changing one thing that I don't remember what it was and Voila! Problem sorted.

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

Hello @batman4 ,

I would suggest ringing customer service to get this sorted so that you can register with the app again, as previously you were on pay as you go and now have a monthly contract and the two do not mix, so would need to be reset first so that you can use it, which means registering once again on the app.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

Hi

thank you for your reply, i been traying to contact them all morning but there is no way to speak with an actual person, I am very frustrated.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @batman4

If you can try us again on 150, the team will be able to get this looked into for you and get this sorted 🙂

Leanne.

batman4
Investigator
Investigator

I spent hours on the phone yesterday with the guru tech team all for nothing!

they said that my Samsung S8 is not compatible with their SIM and there is nothing they can do.

I find that hard to believe, How can a SIM not be compatible with a phone? Never saw that before, my phone is unlocked and i tried several SIM cards on it before including EE and always worked.

If the SIM is not compatible with some phones we should be informed of that before we buy a contract.

I am extremely disappointed and all the time I wasted...

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @batman4

The SIM should work in any EE or unlocked phone, have you had a replacement SIM card at all? 

Does the SIM work for data in any other phone? 

Leanne 🙂

@batman4 , not sure why SIM card would not be compatible with your phone, this makes no sense at all, not heard that one before. Just a question, how old is your phone? SIM cards are multi so should fit for any phone.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

Hi Leanne

No replacement, they said the sim is fine.

Yes, it works on my old phone, an Samsung A10, but i tried on my Samsung s8 and i can call but no data and i tried it on my partner's samsung s8 as well and he has data but can't call.

Hi Shockwave

the SIM fits but doesn't work, but that is not compatible was the answer i got from the Guru team, it is indeed very weird.

i bought the phone about one year ago and it works perfectly fine with all other SIM cards.

Thank you!

@batman4 , that does seem strange, as it should be compatible, nothing has changed. Maybe if you can go into a store and get a replacement SIM card, sounds like the SIM card is faulty. You can also order online, but will cost £1.50, just make sure it is a replacement SIM card.