Will my data work in Switzerland?

thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Alex_M
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi @14jabailey,

Yes, your data will work in Switzerland, but there are a few things you should bare in mind.

If you are a Pay Monthly customer:

• Be sure to text ROAMING to 150 before you leave the UK to check that you are set up to roam abroad.
  • You will be charges £2.29 per day unless you purchase the Roam Abroad Pass (£15/month recurring until cancelled).

If you are a PAYG customer:

• Make note of the costs on this page.
  • If you have an active pack, you can also purchase the Roam Like Home addon when you arrive.

You can use EE's roaming cost calculator to check any additional costs you may incur.

Thanks,
Alex

If I solved your issue, please click the solution button below!
 If you found my post useful, click the thumbs up button!
 To speak to EE, call 150 from your EE mobile or +44 800 079 8586 (freephone) or start a live chat.
Useful Links: My EE | Live Chat | Bills | Usage | Network Coverage Checker | Abroad | APN Settings | PM

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Alex_M
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi @14jabailey,

Yes, your data will work in Switzerland, but there are a few things you should bare in mind.

If you are a Pay Monthly customer:

• Be sure to text ROAMING to 150 before you leave the UK to check that you are set up to roam abroad.
  • You will be charges £2.29 per day unless you purchase the Roam Abroad Pass (£15/month recurring until cancelled).

If you are a PAYG customer:

• Make note of the costs on this page.
  • If you have an active pack, you can also purchase the Roam Like Home addon when you arrive.

You can use EE's roaming cost calculator to check any additional costs you may incur.

Thanks,
Alex

If I solved your issue, please click the solution button below!
 If you found my post useful, click the thumbs up button!
 To speak to EE, call 150 from your EE mobile or +44 800 079 8586 (freephone) or start a live chat.
Useful Links: My EE | Live Chat | Bills | Usage | Network Coverage Checker | Abroad | APN Settings | PM
Theo77
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

As @Alex_M has already said, your data will work.

I have roamed with EE in Switzerland before and found that you always auto connect to the SALT network. This is often either weak or slow, so I recommend doing a manual network search (Settings > Mobile Data > Network selection on an iPhone) and selecting Swisscom as you'll get both better coverage and better speeds.