Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My new sim is not working

batman4
Investigator
Investigator

Hi

i just got my new pay monthly sim card and the internet is not working on my phone but it is working on my old one, i tried contacting EE but is impossible to speak with an actual person.

Why is this happening? the phone is sim free and is working for calls but no a sign of internet at all.

also all the details on my EE app account are old for a PAYG old sim and i can't change it!

Thank you

20 REPLIES 20

Shockwave, what I am worried about is that if I spend more time looking into it it would be after 14 days from the purchase of my contract and they will spect me to pay a penalty for early cancelation.

I leave in the Highlands and there is no EE shops anywhere near and deliveries are not particulary fast.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Just to make sure are all settings correct in your phone for accessing the internet? @batman4

Please see Setting up your Samsung Galaxy S8 Android 7.0 for internet, device guide for steps on how to check 🙂

Leanne.

batman4
Investigator
Investigator

Hi all

I finally managed to fix the problem on a chat with Samsung.

the EE team helped me to reset an APN but still didn't work, the guy from Samsung told me to do it again but changing one thing that I don't remember what it was and Voila! Problem sorted.

Katie_B

That's great to hear @batman4

Thanks for letting us know, 

Katie

i have the exact same problom my self and all ee can say is your phone is not supported by are new sim card total disgrace and again same phone samsung s8 they told me to buy a better phone i told them how can i do that when my upgrade is not due and im stuck in contract and in my opion samsung s8 is a perfely acceplt and capable phone 

not the case im afraid im in the same boat with a samsung s8 i went to the store they would not make any sim swops as they simply said there sim is no longer supported in the phone i felt like they simply dont care and trying to make us buy a new phone from them 

i tried all of the setting in the post u added and it simply wont save the setting u shared and your stores dont care about it at all just tell u your phone is to old to be on your network buy a new one discusting 

i have spent 10 mins on live chat with samsung and they fixed it here is what to do 

change the 'Mobile Virtual Network Operator Type' setting to 'GID' using these steps below: 1. From the home screen swipe either up or down to access apps. 2. Tap Settings. 3. Tap Connections. 4. Tap Mobile networks. 5. Tap Access Point Names. 6. Tap ADD. 7. Enter the relevant details, then tap menu. 8. Tap Save.

Leanne_T

Thanks for sharing the solution @seana1811 

I am sure this will be helpful to other customers 🙂

Have a lovely weekend. 

Leanne.

yes, well said. I have Samsung Note 8 same issue. I can make calls and send messages. Cannot get internet. Finally the 150 told me the new SIM is not compatible with my phone. I have 4g on my phone. EE are useless. I will change provider for pay as you go. Really bad service.