cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage

Carolbill
Investigator
Investigator

My wife has been with EE for less than 5 days and she has already had a warning she has used over 2 GB of date but if we add up the data used per app she has only used half a gig. Cannot get through in 150 so am asking here how to get this correct. Many thanks, William

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Carolbill   Have you looked at the actual account to see what’s been used ?  Have you tried texting BALANCE to 150 to see what’s been used ?   (Obviously this is from her device)

View solution in original post

34 REPLIES 34
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Carolbill   Have you looked at the actual account to see what’s been used ?  Have you tried texting BALANCE to 150 to see what’s been used ?   (Obviously this is from her device)

Hi Chris_B, I have tried to ring 150 but cannot get through, I cannot find an Email address for 150 as I would have done that 1st. I can't find a live Chat to sort this out, never had any of these problems with Plus net, could ring them and always speak to someone. Not sure now if I have made the right move, wife and I switched on the same day as Plusnet would be the best move but am unsure now, if we can't solve problems easier.  Not sure now how to move forward as wife is now frightened to use her phone. 

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Carolbill 

What happens when you phone 150? You should be able to get through to speak to someone if you follow the technical support route.

Chris

ok

Texting Balance makes EE ask about the money paid to them, not te data usage.

stephen5000
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Odd that there are now multiple posts about excess data usage in very short space of time, when customers have a legitimate query on, 'where did the data go'?? Isn't it time that EE fessed up that something has gone horribly wrong? Those on a 'unlimited' data plan could care less, but those of us with a very small monthly allowance (5Gb or less) take a note of every Mb used and rarely stray of WiFi!!

Try texting AL to 150 to see your allowances.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
stephen5000
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@XRaySpeX wrote:

Try texting AL to 150 to see your allowances.

The allowance isn't the issue - it's the disappearance of the allowance that is the concern 😂

I mean including the remaining allowances, e.g. "17 GB left of 25 GB data".

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Agreed. Does anyone know how to get a full analysis or daily log  from EE to show what exactly has used my data? Usually by the second day of the month my allowance is mostly gone, and I'm not aware of using any directly. Am a technophobe.

Am not sure if it is environmentally friendly to have unlimited data and be using terabytes every month. Any views on that? Especially EE.