cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extra charges out of nowhere

austenliam
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I've received my bill for this month and, for some reason, it's almost double what I'm meant to be paying.

I changed my direct debit date last month but then cancelled my direct debit afterwards because I was awaiting a new phone, and didn't want to run the risk of being charged unnecessarily for the new contract while waiting. Paid the September bill manually instead, but after my new phone finally arrived, my October bill changed from being due on the 21st to being due on the 29th - with almost £300 of extra charges alongside it.

Live chat insists this is correct, and that because I changed my direct debit setup, it led to me getting two bills in one - but I am completely baffled as to how this works. I've paid my September bill, so why do I have two bills in October? I can't afford to pay two bills in one go, and I'm up to date on payments, so why do I now have to pay two?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @austenliam 

Two bills will be your old tariff for the period before your upgrade and your new tariff going forward. You have made the situation worse by changing your billing date as you will likely be charged for your new tariff upto your new billing date and then your tariff for the month ahead. 

There is no account access on these forums and therefore is suggest you speak to EE on 150 rather than using live chat. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @austenliam 

Two bills will be your old tariff for the period before your upgrade and your new tariff going forward. You have made the situation worse by changing your billing date as you will likely be charged for your new tariff upto your new billing date and then your tariff for the month ahead. 

There is no account access on these forums and therefore is suggest you speak to EE on 150 rather than using live chat. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.