Contracts

Judie1
Visitor

Please could everyone be aware that if your handset has been paid off then you will still be billed for the same amount even though you have asked for it to be changed to a sim only deal. 
I made the mistake of not checking my bank account and paid over £400 more than I should, my fault I know but as this was for my daughters phone I didn’t check just trusted that as requested this had been done. An account holder for over twenty years and assumed that EE would inform me. They didn’t, said they had sent a text to her phone not me the account holder, she has learning difficulties and wouldn’t have understood. 
I have complained and been to the ombudsman after having terrible customer service and been offered £30 and an apology.

I am with O2 and receive regular statements as the account holder, no such thing with EE and if calls are recorded would like to see the recording where I was assured a SIM only deal would be applied…it wasn’t. 
EE fantastic customer service you can trust……..I think not.

1 REPLY 1
bristolian
Legend
Legend

You have correctly identified that it's the account holder's responsibility to be aware of their contractual terms and what is signed up for.

Different networks structure their pricing in different ways, but EE are now offering a separate airtime & device contract which would provide the setup you seek.

Given where fault appears to lie here, you have done well in getting a small rebate. You can seek a copy of all the data held for you, by requesting at https://ee.co.uk/help/cyber-security/getting-started/request-my-personal-data