cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching from business to personal contract mid contract

robskin72
Explorer

Hello - I am mid phone contract in a business contract (24 month business essentials) and wondered what the rules are regarding switching to a personal plan. My employment status has changed from being a business shareholder/owner to being an employee and I am no longer entitled to the benefit of a business phone. Is it possible to stay with EE but change my plan mid contract? I have been a business and personal customer for years. Thanks for your help.

3 REPLIES 3
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @robskin72 

Welcome to the community.

Yes, you can take over the rest of the contract as a personal user. We'd need permission from the original account holder, and would need to run through the specifics of the new plan and credit checks with you.

If you give our business support team a call, they'll help you get the ball rolling.

Chris

Thanks @Christopher_G - I did call the business support team and they told me this was not possible because I was mid contract. I'll try again.

Rob

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Let us know what happens please, @robskin72. The term they use is a 'change of ownership' from business to personal.

Chris