cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract has ended

Loop28
Investigator
Investigator

My contract ended on the 2nd July 2023 I have transferred to another provider and tried to ring EE to cancel. Spent most of the day trying to ring EE but constantly being told we are very busy. I think I will ring my bank and cancel the direct debit. Why is it these telecom companies are so difficult to get through to.

5 REPLIES 5
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Cancelling your direct debit won't cancel the contract, but may cause knock-on effects for your credit file.

You could request a STAC from EE, and give that to your new provider - as an alternative to writing or calling.

Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

@Loop28 , just to add to what @bristolian  has written, contracts do not just end, just the minimum term. You could have requested a PAC code if you wanted to keep your number, you could still request this and give it to your new provider. Do not just cancel your direct debit.  Even if you are told they are busy, just hanging up and trying again is not always the answer if that is what you were doing, it never takes me more than 20 minutes and I have even spoken to customer service within 1-2 minutes, even though I was told they are busy.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
I did request a PAC code

Sent from my iPad

How do I get a stac

@Loop28 , if you have requested a PAC code, once you have the SIM card from your new provider, then give them your PAC code and they will sort the transfer, just keep your direct debit with EE active until you have received your final bill from them, no need for you to ring customer service.

You do not need the STAC, as you have the PAC, which you give to your new provider.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.