Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Tab S6 LTE Plans and Sharing

walkerx
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Hi,

I've currently got an EE plan and linked my Galaxy Watch 4 LTE to it so get calls and texts from my mobile plan but uses it's own data plan and want to know if I purchased a sim for my Tab S6 can this do the same - ie have the data on its own plan and be linked to my mobile to get calls/texts or can you use a normal sim in the tablet without issues (so has own number, calls/texts/data in case of issues with the main phone).

And would I be able to get this new number on our discount perks we now get with ee

6 REPLIES 6
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@walkerx  No it’s not possible to link the tablet to your phone tariff like the watch.     Does that tablet support calls/texts  on EE ?  It’s not advertised as it can.   It can make calls/texts when you link it to your Samsung account that your phone is on.  It’ll then use your phone/text allowance from your phone tariff. 

walkerx
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

@Chris_B It is the Tab S6 LTE 256GB version not the LITE version

Link to Specs

I've tested with my Three Sim and it can make receive calls/texts through that so can't see why it wouldn't work with an EE sim.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @walkerx,

Sorry, as @Chris_B said, it isn't possible to link your phone number to your tablet like you can with your watch.

James

walkerx
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

@James_B thanks, but an EE normal sim should work in the tablet if wished to use this way seeing a three sim works.

Also if I cancel my contract with three (as I won't be renewing with them) when the contract ends, can i use the STAC against a PAYG SIM on EE.

@walkerx  Yes an EE sim will work like your other sim 

walkerx
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

@Chris_B wrote:

@walkerx  Yes an EE sim will work like your other sim 

Thanks,

If I took out a PAYG sim, can I use a STAC code on that? As the calling/text features on tablet will only be used for backup and calls/texts I don't want on main number.

Data wise it will only be a few weeks each year as most of other time it will use wifi (just had to keep current sim as it would have cost more than outstanding balance to cancel contract) so not looking at a full sim contract