Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch6 Mobile Plan - Non-samsung phone

techdogsbody
Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

I bought myself and my wife galaxy watch 6's mine arrived as expected and works as expected and I've linked my mobile number from EE (UK). Great...

My wife's watch arrived with a SIM card from EE?!?! When I've tried to set up her mobile plan I get a -1 error code and a message saying no plan is available. I've rang EE several times, and finally they have concluded that Samsung watches don't support mobile plans on other Android devices and I should get the watch refunded (sad wifey). Now this didn't ring true, so I rang Samsung and they said, mobile plans work with any android device of 8.0 or higher, and even work with iPhone. I also found this link ( https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00078020/) and this link ( https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00082122/) which both indicate what EE are saying isn't true.

So I rang them back again, and they are now responding with the simple message of "They aren't compatible, get a refund". 

Any suggestions?

I am thinking, get a refund for the online order, go into an EE shop, and try and get a new one set up then and there before walking out of the shop.

9 REPLIES 9
techdogsbody
Investigator
Investigator

I suppose one of the main things I want to know is has anyone got a Samsung watch mobile plan working on a non-samsung phone?

chistery
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Don't walk into an EE shop and buy one there and try  setting up in store. You lose the right to cancel within 14 days. Once you pay for it, you keep it. 

She like the watch, and wants to keep it, but we just can't get the LTE/Mobile plan to work, EE says it's Samsung watches and Google pixels not being compatible, Samsung say it's EE not setting something up properly.

chistery
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

No idea if it's an issue, but are both phones on one account? Is your wife's phone on a standard monthly contract?

Yes, all on the same account, and yes it's pay monthly.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Morning @techdogsbody 

I am sorry the Samsung Galaxy Watch can only be connected to compatible Samsung devices and selected plans on our EE network.

If you would like to discuss your options, please get in touch with our Mobile Care team on 150. 

Please see our How do I use my Samsung Galaxy Watch 4G?, Help page for more information. 

Leanne.

That's not what Samsung (on the phone and on their website) say, probably need to correct them on their knowledge of their devices. 🤣

Why at no point in the checkout process does it warn people that they don't have a compatible phone, and make it clear that you need a Samsung phone.

chistery
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

You can pair the watch with any Android phone, but it does make sense that you can only link it with a Samsung phone for 4G, but it should be made cleared by Samsung and networks. Maybe other networks do allow it, but would likely cause many support issues.

No, that doesn't make sense at all. The watches have their own 4G. With their own eSIM. It makes zero sense they have to be paired with specifically a Samsung phone for watch data to work.

Clearly this is EE's poor implementation and lack of detail which means people are well within their rights to cancel and return what they have been mis-sold.