Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung watch 4 unpairing, disconnecting and removing a data plan

MichelleLou89
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, 

This could be a long one, please bare with me!

so I had a samsung s10 lite for a long time and bought a Samsung watch 4, about 19 months ago on a 2 year contract which finishes Dec/January.

after some complications and a better deal, I’ve moved providers and got an apple phone instead so my watch doesn’t connect or pair (which is fine, I knew this).

I’ve disconnected and unpaired my watch from my old phone and given the phone away, and done a factory reset but I wasn’t sure if the number and data was actually removed so I asked my husband to download wearable app, the data plan has been removed but the number is still linked with the watch info such as IMEI numbers etc.

my plan is to sell the watch and pay off the remaining balance with the money, but I’m worried if I sell it and it is still linked then someone will use the number and data on it and won’t be able to add their own. The watch is definitely unpaired and reset so my question is how do I remove the number? Like I say, I’m still paying for a few more months whether I sell it or keep it, we don’t have any use for it and I want to make sure it’s ok for someone else to enjoy.

thank you for taking the time to read this!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @MichelleLou89,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

You'll need to cancel your watch plan to remove the link with your phone number.

Please get in touch with Customer Care to give notice to cancel.

They'll be happy to help. 🙂

James

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
James_B

Hi @MichelleLou89,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

You'll need to cancel your watch plan to remove the link with your phone number.

Please get in touch with Customer Care to give notice to cancel.

They'll be happy to help. 🙂

James

Thank you! 

James_B

No problem @MichelleLou89 🙂

James