cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stay Connected Data Used But I Haven't Used My Allowance

Confused2023
Explorer

I had an alert on my android phone last night warning me that I'd used a lot of data, around 30GB overnight. 

Checked my phone data settings and no apps are listed as using that amount of data, even when added up (I normally use around 3-4GB per month). However the total mobile data used is around 30GB.

Logged into MyEE account and my allowance (40GB) has not been used other than a few MB, but it does state that I've used 28GB of free "Stay Connected" data. 

Any idea what is going on? What would use that data overnight and how? 

4 REPLIES 4
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Confused2023,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

What response do you get if you text BALANCE to 150?

James

Your current charges to go onto your next bill are £0.00 (this excludes line rental, VAT & any unprocessed charges). 

Your current allowances are: Unlimited UK minutes and Unlimited UK texts. 

You have 40.0GB remaining of your 40.0GB data allowance. 

This will refresh 20 May 2023.

You have used 28.05GB of free data this billing period, Reply FREE USAGE to see a full breakdown.

For a summary of your recent invoices and payments reply BILL or for info on our other Text Services, reply HELP or go to ee.co.uk/text150.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Confused2023,

Please get in touch with Customer Care so a member of the team can take a look at your account.

They'll be happy top help. 🙂

James

stephen5000
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Data is a black art, the only one that understands it is EE, and as they offer no mechanism for a user to monitor their usage of data, as such, with such secrecy, distrust easily arises for unexplained behaviour, which is blamed right back at the user.

If they were open & honest, it may even be a selling point for the network as it's an industry practice not to tell users how their data is being used...

I had a recent issue myself of disappearing data...

You can view it by clicking this forum link...