cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming data usage not reflected in data allowance

jenjiang
Explorer

I've been travelling quite extensively and using the £2.29 per day service to access roaming on my 25GB mobile data plan. I know for sure that I"ve used quite a bit of data, yet my data usage says I've only used 6GB (have been using data to access conference calls, videos, etc so I'm quite certain I've used more than that). The app also says that I've used 25.7GB of stay connected data - doesn't that mean that I've exceeded my data allowance? Why doesn't that reflect on my app? I just want to know how much data I've used while roaming and whether I have enough data allowance

2 REPLIES 2
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

You sure you haven't been using data over WiFi? That wouldn't come out of your mobile allowance.

Doesn't your phone show how much data you've used this month over mobile & WiFi separately?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

absolutely, wifi at my accomodation was horrible so I was on data for a video call lasting several hours. I've also allowed my friends to use my hotspot so I'm certain that I've used more than 6GB of data, which the EE app suggests.

Probably most confusing is that I've apparently used 25GB of my unlimited Stay Connected Data without having exceeding my data allowance. This makes me think that I've used up all my data while roaming and that the app doesn't reflect the data used while roaming.