cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving calls from UK while I am in Hong Kong

ferrywlto
Explorer

Hello I would like to know does Rest of World Minutes add-on include allowance on receiving calls from UK while I am living aboard (e.g. Hong Kong)?  Or it still charge the roaming rate of £1.8/min? Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @ferrywlto 

Welcome to the community,

You can find all roaming information for Hong Kong here. 🙂

Chris

Hi Chris, thanks for the link. So in short Rest of World Minutes add-on does not cover receiving call from UK to HK? If yes is it possible to have a refund for the add-on I purchased today? 😢 

Christopher_G

Roaming add-ons give you minutes for making and receiving calls whilst you're in Hong Kong, @ferrywlto.

Which add-on exactly was it that you chose? The 'learn more' button next to it should tell you what is included.

Chris

ferrywlto_0-1707300494947.png

Hi Chris, since I am a pay as you go customer, it seems these are the only rate available? 

ferrywlto_1-1707301113127.png

And this was what I chose. Much appreciated for the help.

Christopher_G

Thanks, @ferrywlto 

I think that add-on is for calling abroad from the UK to another country outside of the EU. I recommend speaking to our Mobile Care team so they can try and remove it for you.

Chris

The Rest of World IDD add-on of 100 minutes is for calls to select non-EU countries from UK.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)