cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roblox games not loading on EE mobile data

Daddygamer67
Visitor

Hi, I have a very odd situation which EE technical dont know how to fix, so I am wondering if anyone out there has any possible fix or reason what is happening. I recently switched from Plusnet to EE due to the formers upcoming closure. The switch seems to have taken place apart from one very odd and annoying problem. For some reason the gaming  app Roblox will load ok but will not load any games when I am using EE mobile data. The app just hangs as if it is waiting for something. After leaving it, the game will load after about 5 minutes which isnt of much use. I have tried all the usual suggested fixes by EE technical like resetting network, relaoding the app, taking SIm out etc but nothing seems to make a difference. To make it more puzzling the problem seems to be confined to 2 of 4 phones I have a Moto G82 and Moto Edge 20, but oddly the problem doesnt exist on a Moto G50 or Moto G 5G as I swapped the sim cards to different phones. The problem wasnt there with Plusnet which suggests that EE must be doing something to cause the problem.

Can anyone out there make a suggestion as to what the problem is and any possible resolution as I have spent several days trying resolve the issue.

1 REPLY 1
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Daddygamer67 : You are probably finding yourself up against a limitation of EE's mobile network. The EE mobile network uses Carrier Grade NAT (CGNAT) resulting in a double NAT, which games consoles often object to, which means you don't get your own public IP address but share it with other users. So you can't be uniquely id'ed on the Net & therefore your LAN cannot be addressed from outside for unsolicited accesses. This is unlike fixed BB. 

If this occurs there is nowt you can do to avoid it. IMHO Mobile network is not suitable for gaming.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)