Mvno

Lgorman851
Investigator
Investigator

Hi all

For the last mth I have had network and data issues. 4g (lte) doing nothing, internet not loading, calls not getting through yet full signal.  Customer services have processed to level 2 but no fix yet.

Interestingly my partner and daughter both with ee but no issues at all. After downloading the opensignal app, they are connected to one cell tower and I'm a different one. 

I've checked the settings and it says GID under Mobile Virtual Network Opertator Type where my partners says 'none'. Could it be that I am connecting to a different tower due to my sim connecting via MVNO as opposed to directly to EE?

Thanks in advance 

3 REPLIES 3
EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

No, if your Sim is officially an EE Sim then you will connect directly to the EE Network, could be an APN issue, check your APN Settings are correct for the EE Network.

Name: EE internet
APN: everywhere
Username: eesecure
Password: secure

All the settings are the same as my partners in APN except mines say "GID" under Mobile Virtual Network Opertator and my partners says "none" under the same option.

Why would my sim be connecting via MVNO rather than EE. When it bounces to the same tower my partner is on I have little issue

@Lgorman851  wrote - Why would my sim be connecting via MVNO rather than EE. When it bounces to the same tower my partner is on I have little issue

See my Post above this.

If you are with EE directly, and you still feel that you are connecting via an MVNO, then I suggest you call CS 0n 150.