cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No signal while roaming in UAE

user5000
Explorer

I'm currently in the UAE and my sim card shows "no service".

How can I access technical support (live chat or email ideally)?

I am on iOS 17.1.2, iPhone 13. I've tried without success:

• in Settings > Mobile Service > toggle on/off "Turn On This Line"
  • in Settings > Mobile Service > toggle on/off "Data Roaming" (it's activated on my line as it's worked a couple of months ago, from the same location)
  • turn off/on my phone
  • the Network Selection seems to be loading indefinitely

Has anyone got a clue how to fix this issue? or if I need help from tech support to look into my account?

4 REPLIES 4
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@user5000 : Are you on contract or PAYG? Had you used that SIM for making calls or texts in UK before you left to go abroad?

If you are on contract, did you activate roaming on your EE a/c before you left UK by texting ROAMING to 150? Having a roaming billing add-on doesn't of itself activate roaming on your a/c. Having roaming activated on your EE a/c, not just on your device, is crucial to using your contract SIM abroad.

Often just rebooting the phone is the simple remedy. Also try selecting a network manually rather than auto. Otherwise you need to call CS to get your roaming activated. Try calling CS on the Freephone no. in my sig. on Skype over WiFi. It should be free. 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
bristolian
Legend
Legend

@user5000 wrote:
  • in Settings > Mobile Service > toggle on/off "Data Roaming" (it's activated on my line as it's worked a couple of months ago, from the same location)

Data roaming is not an account facility, it's a device-level function that allows your phone to use mobile data whilst roaming.

Roaming itself is an account-level setting that enables access to foreign networks, and cannot be set from your phone alone.

Having said that, if you have used your current SIM on foreign networks previously, there is no reason for it not to connect now - unless you have explicitly requested it removed at some stage.

user5000
Explorer

Hello @XRaySpeX and @bristolian ,

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I am on contract and roaming was activated on my contract. It worked back in December, then I left the country and came back again and roaming stopped working for some reason. I turned off/on the line and my phone as well in multiple combinations and it didn't want to catch the signal for some reason. However, I did that over multiple days and it now works, without EE's intervention. I get the feeling that this may happen again. If it does, how can I reach support online instead of through a phone call?

Thanks for your help.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @user5000,

You can chat with Customer Care online via the help section of the EE app.

Hope this helps. 🙂

James