cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double Data

Elmiga
Investigator
Investigator

Had a text message from EE saying that they are offering double data free of charge but that t&cs apply. There is no link to the t&cs and the only ones I can find on the ee website relate to a double data Christmas offer or sim deal from 2021.
There is also no mention of the offer in the Add Ons section on the app.
Can someone please link the correct t&cs? 

50 REPLIES 50
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @AmbroseH 

Thanks for coming here. 

As long as you are an EE and BT customer and have received this message you are eligible for the offer and can activate this by following the information in the text message. 

Full terms for the offer can be found below: 

Double Data for eligible BT Broadband customers who have an eligible EE Mobile plan. Double Data for all the numbers registered to the same EE account. Account holders must be the same on both the EE and BT accounts and registered to the same address. Double Data will be removed if you no longer have the eligible products from both BT & EE. Double Data on core data allowance only. No cash alternative. May take up to 24 hours to activate. 

Leanne.

Does it matter that number on the account which received the text is not the main account holder? Mum received the text and I'm the main account holder.

Katie_B

Good morning @Danielio

The number that has received the text will receive the offer as this will be down as the main line on your account. 

Are you aware if this was the first number on your account?

Katie

Hi @Leanne_T 

I got the very same sms from 1122 and do have some questions

a) let's just say that I do activate the offer. How long does it stay active for? for as long as I remain a customer on both BT & EE? just for the summer period? for a month or a week?

b)is there a penalty other than downgrading data to original amount, if I switch from BT to another provider?

c)roaming: are roaming allowances calculated based on original or on double amount of data? I'm referring to fair use policy (I do have the roaming pass active on my account)

Katie_B

Good morning @nasose

I believe the offer will stand as long as you remain both a BT and EE customer

Double data will be removed if you no longer have eligible products from both BT and EE. 

You will be able to use your data abroad as long as you have the right pass active. 

Katie

Hi Katie.
It is one of my additional lines that has received the text offer. But I believe this is the number that BTFibre have as a contact. Is it best to contact BT or EE to find out more?

Thanks

xxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx

[Mod edit: Please do not post personal information on the public board. Thanks!]

Katie_B

Hi @Danielio

As the offer has come from EE I would recommend contacting EE customer support. 

Katie

I have received the same message, but it's from the number 1122, is this a genuine message from EE? 

Katie_B

Hi @SN224.

Yes, this is a genuine message from EE. 

Katie

Loumil
Explorer

I have had this twice and was told categorically via the chat, that this did not come from EE. 
But then I’ve been told other things by EE customer service AND BT many times that are wrong! 
I have never had any other communication about it apart from 2 identical texts.