cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data speed

Gm62
Investigator
Investigator

Hi can anyone please tell me why recently my very impressive download speeds have greatly been reduced I've been getting up to 90 mbs for over a year now then just recently my data speed has only managed to hit 60 mbs on 4g can anyone explain why ee have done this 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hi @Gm62 

There are various reasons this could have happened.

Are those speeds consistent regardless of day & time?

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Gm62  There could be a number of reasons like a local mast is down so another mast that is further away has more load on it.   

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hi @Gm62 

There are various reasons this could have happened.

Are those speeds consistent regardless of day & time?

Hi Chris B thanks for the reply it seems to be more of a problem just around say the afternoon till the evening most days and like i say I've never had this problem before with ee 4g signal hopefully it is only temporary as I've been really happy with ee so far even with this drop in speed it's still faster than  others I've been with in the past. 

Thanks

Hi yes this occurs various times of the day the speed drops from say the
afternoon right through to the late evening just about every day this has
only recently started happening
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Morning @Gm62

Thanks for coming to the community 🙂

Have you reported this on the EE Coverage and Network Status Checker? 

Thanks. 

Leanne. 

Hi Leanne_T yes i have reported it but apparently it's just one of those things that you have accept sometimes there can be a drop in speed depending on a number of factors thanks 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks @Gm62

If this continues or happens more often, please give us a call on 150 and our Tech Gurus will get this looked into further for you. 

Leanne.

craigmbe
Explorer

Hi

I've had same issue and customer services were useless

My plan should be capped at 100mb but have been getting only 40ish for about 1 Yr have called EE many times but no help

Anyway as I was getting **bleep**ed off tlwith them I got hold of a 1p mobile sim they use the EE network and put as 2nd sim in my phone

And blow me speed test are back to 116ish every time yet the EE are still about 40ish

So I phoned EE and pointed it out got load of excuses so now as I am not under contract iam leaving EE for 1p mobile 

I think this network has gone down hill last Yr or so and Cs don't really care 

I won't be joining them again and if your lucky not to be in contract then I suggest 1p as a better supplier 

Roll on Wednesday when I leave EE for good.

Hope this helps and they don't take it down 

Your throttle your speeds plan and simple 

Sat in a car next to 5g EE mask 46mb speed 

1p mobile that uses EE 216mb 

Explain that