Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cellular Apple watch

adagoktas
Investigator
Investigator

IMG_5493.jpeg

So I have just recently set up my EE account and when I try to set up mobile data on the Watch app I see this. 

I have an Apple watch series 6 (cellular) and and Iphone 11, I also have money topped up.

I am completely new to sims and mobile data, could someone help?

8 REPLIES 8
Gareth43
Problem solver
Problem solver

Hey there you can only add an Apple Watch to an account that has a iPhone on contract or a  sim only contract. You cannot add a watch to a pay as you go account if that’s what you’re trying to do. 

G Alston
iPhone 15 Pro Max

@adagoktas   The watch tariff is a 30 day rolling contract so you need a contract for your iPhone in order to have a watch on contract.   And as @Gareth43  said that can be a sim only contract.   

so sorry for bothering you but how would I  get a contract for my apple watch? i just bought it from amazon.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @adagoktas 

You would need a pay monthly contract for the mobile SIM card, as you are currently on pay as you go you would not be able to activate the 30 day rolling data plan to use the cellular connection with the watch. 

Leanne.

Hi @Leanne_T ,

Followiing on from this thread:

If i ordered one PAYG sim for the iphone and another PAYG for the iwatch both with EE, would that still allow me to sync the two?  I'm not keen on committing to a contract and would rather pay a bit more for flexibility and testing at the moment. 

Cheers,

K

@KarstIron   You don’t need a sim to sync a iPhone and watch.  You’ll just not be able to use a cellular connection on the watch.  The watch will always sync via Bluetooth to the iPhone. 

Thanks @Chris_B 

That's the ONE bit i am understanding 💡! But I still want to be able to make cellular calls with my iwatch without needing the phone nearby. In that circumstance, and not wanting to commit to a contract yet, are the two separate accounts and numbers with EE the only way to achieve this or can I use a single PAYG account to piggyback the iwatch? I didn't realise that a PAYG might not have this functionality when I ordered my  Sim.

Cheers,

K

@KarstIron  if you want to make/ receive calls away from the phone you’ll need to have a contract on that phone so then the watch can have use of the cellular feature.  The watch is also on contract.  You can not use cellular with the watch on PAYG.