cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Sim with Full Works iPhone - Roaming

_Finn
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, I have the Full Works iPhone SIM only deal on my phone - including Roam Abroad Pass. I also have a paired watch SIM for my Ultra 2.

Will roaming work from my watch if I am not carrying my phone. 

Thank you 

9 REPLIES 9
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @_Finn 

Thanks for coming here. 

Currently EE does not support roaming for Apple Watches. 

You would need to be connected to the phone via Bluetooth when roaming. 

Leanne. 

@_Finn  Your watch contract has nothing todo with your phone contract and what that contract gives you.   It’s separate contract with its own data allowance and at present it’s not possible to roaming with a watch.  If/when this does happen you’ll would need to purchase an add on to roam with the watch.   I don’t know if this would ever happen though. 

_Finn
Investigator
Investigator

Thank you @Leanne_T  and @Chris_B  -  that's helpful.

So there is no need to switch off mobile data on my watch as it will not roam in any case?

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

That's correct, @_Finn 🙂

Chris

_Finn
Investigator
Investigator

Cheers @Christopher_G 

johnels791
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

How is it possible EE/BT claim to be the UK’s best network yet don’t support this simple feature, whilst your competitors offer it? 

Full Fibre Busiest Home Bundle 1.6Gb.
Previously EE 900Mb/110Mb
Asus Axe11000 Zenwifi Pro Et12

@johnels791 wrote:

How is it possible EE/BT claim to be the UK’s best network yet don’t support this simple feature

Every operator has different products & services, totally independent of any criteria for a best-network claim.

@_Finn   EE claim it because it’s awarded to them by a 3rd party for the network. 

@Chris_B wrote:

@_Finn   EE claim it because it’s awarded to them by a 3rd party for the network. 

The claim is specifically based on the coverage & performance of the mobile network.

There's also multiple "best network" awards issued by various magazines & websites - many have different criteria and some are entirely based on pricing with minimal quality of service input. That favours low-cost MVNO providers.