esim

alistairmck1
Contributor
Contributor

hi, I'm a new customer coming from Vodafone,  ordered a physical sim(new number as didn't want to port over) on Sat.  got a call today from a guy in newcastle store,  to check if everything was up and running ok.  I  said no as I've not received my sim yet,  he said he was concerned about this as its the holiday period coming up.  sent me a cancel form via email to fill in to cancel physical sim order,  and he would go ahead and order me an esim.  

it was an esim I was on, on Vodafone and they sent qr code via email to me,  when I deleted esim on my phone and/or Apple watch a new qr code would come in via email.  how does the esims work on EE and what do i do if I delete the esim,  if I am upgrading mobile phone or delete by mistake etc

thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @alistairmck1 

Thanks for coming back to the community. 

If the eSIM is deleted you would need a replacement, which can be ordered over the phone or by visiting an EE Store with photo ID. 

Full details can be found in our What is an eSIM and how do I use an eSIM?, Help page 🙂

Leanne.

hi @Leanne_T,. so that means,  when I get a new iPhone I can't delete the esim on my old iPhone and instantly redownload esim on new iphone?

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @alistairmck1 

Please see the below steps from the Help page above; 

If you already have a SIM or eSIM with us, there's a couple of ways you can transfer it. 

If you're upgrading your iPhone, just fire up your new iPhone and follow the Quick Start prompts on-screen. 

You can simply transfer the eSIM on your current phone onto your new one via the Choose a Data Plan screen in Quick Start. 

If you're upgrading to an iPhone 13 or above, you can even convert your physical SIM into an eSIM. 

Check out our iPhone help pages to see this new step in Quick Start.

Leanne.