Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving OTP

MohammedC1
Investigator
Investigator

Good morning all!

I have a quick question regarding OTP. I'm currently in the Middle East (have been for 2 months) and have not received any SMS or OTP's I've requested numerous times - I've been with EE for a very long time on a pay as you go sim card with 100gb a month / unlimited minutes and text and I reside mainly in the UK. I need the OTP to access my airline account to schedule my flight, I understand I could call the airline but I'm trying to get this sorted to address the underlying issue. 

I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max, I've checked the Mobile Data category but everything seems to be in order - I do have an esim attached but I doubt that would cause this issue. I've tried many times to turn it off and on again, turning on airplanes mode etc but nothing seems to be working. I thought I would shoot it to the community to see if anyone had any ideas. 

Thank you in advance. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MohammedC1
Investigator
Investigator

Its sorted now, it was as simple as reinserting the sim card. Thank you though. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
bristolian
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

Text messages don't use mobile data, thus that setting is irrelevant.

Do you have any issues with person-to-person SMS? Is it only automated ones you have an issue with?

I've been receiving other automated SMS from charities so I don't think that would be the issue. But in that case, do you know if there's a hard reset I could do? I've tried rebooting but nothing.  

MohammedC1
Investigator
Investigator

Its sorted now, it was as simple as reinserting the sim card. Thank you though. 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for coming back and letting us know @MohammedC1 

Glad this is all sorted for you.

Leanne 🙂