Sim card issue

Karlouslenny
Investigator
Investigator

Hi 

I recently had a 2 year contract thats now ended. Before cancelling the contract completely, i told EE that i wanted to keep my Current number and transfer to Pay as you go, and that the transition will happen on the 8th of May. I would like to know whats happening with that thank you? 

also not able to use my sim, phone or text or receive anything. Urgently need assistance as its my personal number. 

appreciate you

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for checking, @Karlouslenny 

Please get in touch with Customer Care on 07953 966 150 from any phone so a member of the team can take a look at your account.

They'll be happy to help. 🙂

James

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
James_B

Welcome to the EE Community, @Karlouslenny 🙂

Are you in the UK or roaming?

James

In The uk.

James_B

Have you received any texts regarding your transfer to pay as you go, @Karlouslenny?

Have you tried restarting your phone?

James

Haven’t received a text saying that, though i have restarted the phone added a different sim. Still not working at all. 

Sorry i did receive a text from EE 

IMG_1071.png

James_B

What do you mean when you say you've added a different SIM, @Karlouslenny?

Unless you were using an eSIM on pay monthly, your service would usually continue on the same SIM card after switching from pay monthly to pay as you go.

James

Added a different sim to my phone (see if it’ll work which it did). Now this Sim i want fixed was on a year contract.. i had a choice of continuing the contract or cancelling it. which i cancelled. After The last Bill i paid (for the contract) My sim stopped working. 

i do not know what an esim is? All i want is the Sim card and number to reactivate. I was told 8th of may. Its now the 9th. Wondering, hoping you could help me with the problem.

“Two Year contract”

James_B

Hi @Karlouslenny,

As your weren't using an eSIM, your service should have switched to a pay as you go plan on your existing SIM card.

Does your phone show signal bars in the status bar?

Do you get a reply if you try to text the word BALANCE to 150?

James