cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happening to EE

Robc70
Investigator
Investigator

Customer same account 20 years in total from T-Mobile to EE, like most families I have lots of contract’s including broadband. 
Wife phone stopped working at 18 months of the 24 month contract. Not a mark on it like new and when contacting Ee technical team , 1 hour on the phone the result was it was under warranty just needed to take it into the Ee shop and an appointment was made. 
2 visit to Wakefield Ee shop and sent home twice with them contradicting the call centre. £495 wanted despite the initial call informing me it was still covered. 
4 calls later and 2 promised calls back that never happened nothing, still no resolution. So contact runs out in July , that contract won’t be renewed, daughters December won’t be renewed, broadband won’t be renewed, my contract wil be cancelled along with my sons, just because nobody will own an issue or offer a reasonable solution.

Ee shop Wakefield spent more time trying to change my broadband without me asking than booking the phone in ? Just Phobe 4 U with a different name 

8 REPLIES 8
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Robc70 

Welcome to the community.

I'm really sorry to hear of this problem with your wife's phone. Did the store say why it wouldn't be covered by warranty?

Chris

Hi Chris 

The system would let them go past a payment. The initial contact with technical was positive and was happy to call in with the phone for them to send away. I accepted if a fault was found due to damage a quote would be given to proceed but totally expected the usual faultless experience. 
Do think the shop and call centre do give 2 very different experiences usually but the lack of care this time was surprising. Not calling a customer when promised was the last 2 interactions just makes you feel completely disconnected from any hope of a resolution. 

James_B

Has the phone been inspected by the repair centre, @Robc70?

James

Hi James 

I'm afraid they would not  send it from the shop, they wanted £495 1st. That was the second attempt to arrange that the 1st occasion I was home due to find my phone been active. I have to work out how to remove this from a dead phone but eventually sorted then went back 

James_B

Have you tried booking a repair online, @Robc70?

James

Wasn’t aware this could be done 

@Robc70   What phone is  it ? 

iPhone 12 , 64gb