cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected charge

Imdad69
Investigator
Investigator

Still cannot understand how a company big as EE have charged me £495 because they failed to send me phone in the time frame they promised?? According to the advisor i had to ring a third party company which i did and they had no idea what i was talking about and they said they did nothing with EE bills. An actual EE employee gave me a number to a third party company and said this person has charged me? And said i need them to deal with it?? But it's on my EE bill for one i mean that's my own fault for being stupid and not realising the advisor was just trying to get me off the phone. Calls are clearly not monitored for quality and training purposes.

11 REPLIES 11
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Imdad69,

Which Pixel model did you order and when?

What were the unexpected charges listed as on your bill?

James

I've got an anytime upgrade plan so when i ordered a new phone on the 3rd of October which was the porcelain Google pixel 8 pro 256gb. The charge for £495 is so my current phone which obviously i can't trade in as I've never received any communication or acknowledgement of an order. I honestly can't believe someone from your customer service team told me i have to go contact a third party company and when i contacted them with the number EE provided, they said they have nothing to do with EE and whoever sent me to call them just wanted me off the phone. Appreciate you acknowledging my existence James, I've put in so many complains to ee been promised back 4 call backs? Yet to hear anything. My current contract bill is literally around £100 a month and they're making me pay another £495 for a phone I'm still paying for and still currently operating??? If i had actually had half a brain i would have gone on trust pilot and seen how bad you guys are on the decline and how awful people are being treated. Don't mean to sound entitled but as my contract is literally £100 a month and made both my parents and 2 friends join EE which will no doubt go down as one of the worst mistakes of my life. Guys if anyone is reading this stay clear from EE their advisors are trained to lie so you get off the phone. They leave you feeling so hopeless and stressed after they promised you you'd have your product on release date. The advisor who sold me the contract told me the phone is available but it wasn't. The next advisor promised me there wouldn't be a charge for my current phone. Third advisor promised this also and then fourth advisor couldn't promise me anything so they gave me some random phone number and said 'these are the guys that deal with trade ins' rang that same number and they told they're not associated with EE and it was a smart tactic for the advisor to keep her stats clean and get me off the phone.

So at EE they take pride in selling customers dreams and then after that they are trained to lie to get people off the phone. I reported a community manager in a private conversation saying they deliberately try confuse foreign sounding and elderly customers cause their job gets 'boring' i did send a video of this and made a report about it but she still has a job there anyways I've seen more morals in a columbian cartel. EE stands for EXTORT EVERYONE

James_B

Hi @Imdad69,

I understand your frustration. Which colour did you order?

Had you opted to pay the fee to keep your current phone, or have you been charged for failing to trade it in? (The second option shouldn't have happened if your new phone isn't in stock yet.)

James

This is odd finally some communication from someone at ee! No i didn't want to keep the current phone and yes the second one did happen it's appearing as a £495 bill as an addition. 

Yes it shouldn't have happened but it did and nobody wants to even help me everyone just wants to get me off the phone. I'm really doubting that a phone is ever gonna be sent out as people who have been ordering after me are getting there's??? I'm baffled to see such a big company train their staff to lie and that it's acceptable to give people fake numbers to call to get them off the phone 😂 I worked for o2 in the past, if anyone ever did that on a phone call it was immediate dismissal no questions asked. So either EE don't care what their advisors do or say to customers or that they are trained liars who are obsessed with stats and have 0 interest in actually helping anyone. 

James_B

Thanks for the further details @Imdad69 

I've sent some information to your private message inbox.

James

Further details? He just told me to put another complaint in!!

Imdad69
Investigator
Investigator

Admin mike is sensoring me and changing what i say. So not only do EE violate most European UK and international trading laws but they also censor free speech. 

@Imdad69     So you don’t want help you just want to complain.    Not sure why you’re putting useless useless criminal liar. You’re making a very bold statement with that and you have no actual proof of that you just don’t want to accept help.     If you don’t want help don’t ask for it on here.  Deal with it yourself directly.  

Mate stop brown nosing cooperates, I'm not gonna post any of my order details here as its got my private information. I've put in 4 complaints about the same issue, i complained I've spoke to advisors and nobodies helping that's why I'm here ranting away unfortunately. I'll share my order details and all my evidence if anyone from EE would even get in touch and try help rather than say 'fill up the complaints forum' which I've done 4/5 times. No complaint forum is gonna stop me from being charged silly money