Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Replacing EE Smart Hub with DECO

AndyChandler
Investigator
Investigator

I found your post when searching for "replacing EE smart hub with DECO

Today I received a DECO X73-DSL which I thought would be a breeze to set up. Unfortunately not. I  currently have a G-fast connection in my house FTTC to the cabinet. When setting up my broadband (I moved from SKY) the very helpful EE rep gave me details I would need for setting up a different router "PRODUCTIONHQNUN*********@fs" as user name and a password that began with "HQNPAFF*********" I must have misheard him and I saw from your post this should be "HQNPASS*********"

Unfortunately this hasn't worked. I'm left wondering if I have got something wrong. I have checked the "Technical log" of my "EE" router but it is showing the default  user name as "readytoconnect@fs

I am wondering where I have gone wrong.  Can you help please, I have tried various changes in the settings but nothing seems to work. Even tried leaving the password blank.

13 REPLIES 13
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@AndyChandler : Where are you setting those BB Username & pwd? In the Deco as you say the EE router is at default?

Try bthomehub@btbroadband.com with pwd BT.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@AndyChandler    your DECO X73-DSL will only work on a VDSL  line, not G-Fast., so you cann use it to replace the EE router.

If you reconnect the EE router and factory reset by inserting a suitable object in the pinhole on the back of it, then leave it for a few minutes it should get you back online..

HTH

Thank you for your very prompt reply.

Looks like I will send this back! I was hoping to ditch the EE router. I had ADSL years ago So was wondering what the difference between VDSL and "G-fast". As per usual looked it up on Google and found this:

https://ipwithease.com/vdsl-vs-g-fast/

Which helped explain the differences. I guess I should have checked first. 

I will return to Amazon and look for something more compatible. 

Technical_log.jpg

Sorry didn't realise I hadn't replied to earlier post. Just logged into router again and username is still at default!

Yes, but on which device did you set the BB username?

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Did you keep the reset pin held in long enough until the lights changed?

And is it the same on the advanced page?

That is the Advanced page.

Just logged into "EE" router again. Yes broadband user name is still at default "Readytoconnect..".

I thought it would have changed.