New Customer

Albong
Visitor

I’ve recently joined BT/EE for tv and broadband. I was told by the representative that all charges will be paid by BT/EE when I transfer from Sky. However, theSky  tv contract is different from the broadband and I’m locked into the tv deal until October which means I’ll be paying an extra £31 a month until then. If I had known this, I wouldn’t have moved. I feel like I’ve been duped.I’ve only had BT for 2 weeks, can I cancel still? Any one have any advice please?

2 REPLIES 2
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Albong : If you ordered by phone or online you always have a statutory cooling-off period up to 14 days after BB going live to cancel your order FoC. If you ordered in-store you have no such "change-of-mind" right of return.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Aaronhoc
Explorer

Hello.

I signed up specifically for my reply.

I once moved from sky to BT mid sky contract.

**Don't quoteme and take this at own risk **

Upgrade your sky TV package (just make sure it is a new contract).

This starts a new contract ending your existing (October end contract).

THEN 

Cancel the new Sky contract within the fourteen day grace period.

This then ends the commitments with Sky.

Please don't hold me to this as it was 5 years ago.