cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone please help with stuck transfer from BT Halo 900 to EE Busiest Bundle

gdf1
Investigator
Investigator

Good morning everyone, hope you're well. I hope some helpful Moderator can help me as I’ve been going in circles since April 4. I had received an email to explain my BT Halo 3 900 contract was ending on May 17 and to consider joining new EE. So I called BT retention team and they told me they couldn’t upgrade me on the phone and after verifying with a manager they advised me to place the order on the EE website which I did so that EE would take over the line and then the BT would terminate and I would receive a final bill. To be 100% sure I also called the EE next gen team and they confirmed to proceed this way. Then I received the EE Smart hub, one extender and then the openreach engineer came to install the new Nokia small wan router. But the line wasn’t provisioned and was told to wait 2 days. That was 2 weeks ago and I’ve been calling for updates queuing for ages to be promised I would receive a call back so many times and none was calling me back. Then I found a wonderful guide (the only one to actually call or email me back) this week who revealed the following info from openreach which I copy and paste  and which contradicts what happened to some other BT users who were able to upgrade to EE busiest bundle without having to terminate their BT service first and be without a service. Can a Moderator please assist me as I’m so frustrated, I’ve made so many calls and this situation is not resolved despite having all the EE hrdware correctly set up and ready to work. Thanks in advance for your time 

i copy and paste the email from the helpful Guide:

Hey Giovanni!

I've finally heard back from Openreach about the issues with your Next Generation services.

There is something I need to apologise for, we have been advised by Openreach that they have tried to supply the services to you in error, for this I really am sorry.

We have had a check into this and what has happened is, our website shouldn't have let you open up a new account to order the Next Gen services as you were an already existing BT customer, because the system has allowed this to happen it has in turn caused confusion on Openreach's side of things meaning they thought it was possible for them to push the order through - after further investigation with Openreach with our Next Gen lead, we have been informed that Openreach cannot fulfil this order for you.

The only option they have given us to provide these services to you is to fully cancel down your current BT services, wait for that to go through and to then set up the Next Generation services, which isn't the most straight forward of actions to complete - and it would mean downtime on your connection of around a week or two.
Again, I really want to apologise for this error, it should not have happened.

If you do have any further questions, please email me back and I am more than happy to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
John-C
EE Community Support Team

Hi @gdf1 I'm sorry to hear of your experience trying to change to the EE busiest bundle. 
I'm afraid that existing BT customers are not currently able to move to this package with EE. 

These orders are solely dealt with by the next gen team and I can see you've already been in contact with them and they've explained the situation. A mod would only refer the case to them and we wouldn't be able to provide any different advice to that given to you already by them.

Thanks

John

Hi John,

thanks a lot for your reply

Giovanni