cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DDNS on new black EE router

mbr32
Explorer

Hey

Brand new customer to EE, have the Black no logo router with Full Fibre 900.

i cannot find within the settings anywhere to add my no-ip DDNS login details so I can finish my home setup.

any ideas where I can find this?

thanks in advance

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

If that's the EE Smart Hub Plus, nowhere! Nor can you set ordinary DNS.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

If that's the EE Smart Hub Plus, nowhere! Nor can you set ordinary DNS.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Cool! They can have it back then 😂

bobpullen
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

@mbr32 - what services on your network are you pointing your public IP at? Are any of them online 24/7? If so, could you perhaps install a desktop agent to take care of things?

Encoda
Explorer

I too am looking for the setting to configure Dynamic DNS (DDNS)  - it was there on my BT SmartHub in Advanced Settings, but can’t find it anywhere on the new Black EE-branded (aqua-coloured LED) Smart Hub Plus.

Can anyone from EE advise where to find this - do I need to enable some special Advanced Advanced settings (Engineer) mode to find it?

Thanks in advance!

@Encoda : Nowhere! As I said earlier.

Thanks for the reply @XRaySpeX - that’s sad 😔

Do you work for EE/BT? If so, can you advise what the official route to request addition of this ‘lost’ functionality, that was present on BT SmartHubs, would be?

Thanks

@Encoda : It is, very 😞 ! More so for lack of changing DNS.

No, I'm a user just like you. Go to CS.

garywood84
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

It's there in Advanced Settings > Broadband > Dynamic DNS. 

But, before you get too excited: I think it's broken! It will ask you to enter your password, and confirm your password. Then, when you click Save, it will clear the first password field, and report that there's an error in the status...

garywood84
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@bobpullen wrote:

DDNS isn't currently supported but the fact it was visible in the pre-upgrade build gives me hope it will return at some point. In the interim, if you need a DDNS solution, and there's a device on your network that's online 24/7, then you can probably use some client software to do the updates.

I'm so hacked off about this. I've just been persuaded to 'upgrade' from BT Broadband to EE. With BT, I used DDNS all the time to access my computer when I'm away from home. Given that EE doesn't support static IP addresses, that's essential. The router clearly has the capability to handle DDNS so it's ridiculous to remove it from the firmware.

@bobpullen What's the route to escalate this so that it can be reviewed and reinstated?