cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Booster/extender (Super hub plus)

DBUK
Explorer

I have just been ported over to EE from a long term FTTP account with BT, while on the phone placing the order i was told the old BT extender/booster discs (black) would work with the new router/hub, this is not the case.  I made it clear without i would not sign up, they ensured me they would work, i triple checked this.  Since, i have also found they will not work with 6ghz so essentially useless even if they did work.

I have now been trying to contact EE all day, 7 hours on the web chat talking to scripted incompetent people and getting nowhere, what a joke this company is.
Is there anyway to get the new extenders sent out or am i wasting my time?

I will not pay for these as this was the main concern brought to them initially, which clearly was not listened to.

I am within my 14 days cooling off period, but even getting through to cancel is near impossible.

Shocking service!

4 REPLIES 4
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

If you have the EE Smart Hub Plus (SH+), model no. SH31B, of Set up your Home Broadband EE Router, you need the EE Smart WiFi Plus , model no. SW30A, of Setting up Smart WiFi to go with it. 

That's correct, the black BT Total WiFi discs do not work with the SH+. The white "high st." Whole Home discs would've done.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thanks for your response, I've since got through to EE, as I am on a fiber essentials 500 package they will not send out the WiFi extender/booster.

2 options, 

Cancel, or purchase my own extender/booster, ideally 2 would work, one for the garage and one for the 3rd floor of the house.

Any recommendations on what to use, or could be used for a mesh network other than the EE ones?

Typo: "Total WiFi" -> "Complete WiFi".

That's correct, the black BT Complete WiFi discs do not work with the SH+. The white "high st." Whole Home discs would've done.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Parkie68
Visitor

Hi DBUK

I'm having exactly the same problem with EE - except this is only one of many issues that have been going on since October - they really are the worst!

I would really appreciate it if you can let me know if and when you find a solution - I'll look to do likewise.

Best of luck