cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Booster/extender (Super hub plus)

DBUK
Explorer

I have just been ported over to EE from a long term FTTP account with BT, while on the phone placing the order i was told the old BT extender/booster discs (black) would work with the new router/hub, this is not the case.  I made it clear without i would not sign up, they ensured me they would work, i triple checked this.  Since, i have also found they will not work with 6ghz so essentially useless even if they did work.

I have now been trying to contact EE all day, 7 hours on the web chat talking to scripted incompetent people and getting nowhere, what a joke this company is.
Is there anyway to get the new extenders sent out or am i wasting my time?

I will not pay for these as this was the main concern brought to them initially, which clearly was not listened to.

I am within my 14 days cooling off period, but even getting through to cancel is near impossible.

Shocking service!

5 REPLIES 5
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

If you have the EE Smart Hub Plus (SH+), model no. SH31B, of Set up your Home Broadband EE Router, you need the EE Smart WiFi Plus , model no. SW30A, of Setting up Smart WiFi to go with it. 

That's correct, the black BT Total WiFi discs do not work with the SH+. The white "high st." Whole Home discs would've done.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thanks for your response, I've since got through to EE, as I am on a fiber essentials 500 package they will not send out the WiFi extender/booster.

2 options, 

Cancel, or purchase my own extender/booster, ideally 2 would work, one for the garage and one for the 3rd floor of the house.

Any recommendations on what to use, or could be used for a mesh network other than the EE ones?

Typo: "Total WiFi" -> "Complete WiFi".

That's correct, the black BT Complete WiFi discs do not work with the SH+. The white "high st." Whole Home discs would've done.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Parkie68
Visitor

Hi DBUK

I'm having exactly the same problem with EE - except this is only one of many issues that have been going on since October - they really are the worst!

I would really appreciate it if you can let me know if and when you find a solution - I'll look to do likewise.

Best of luck

JO1888
Visitor

I have this problem too, I had no hassle with BT until the connection iny.living room was exceptionally poor. I decided to upgrade and was promised discs if I joined EE (or eek) as I like to call them. Engineer came out today to set it all up with no discs, through no fault of his own, he didn't even know what my package or account number was! Although he did recommend that I needed to move my router or purchase some kind of booster, and to get it all from Amazon or ebay.  Through no fault of his own, he didn't even know what my account number or package was. I think they are a two bit mob as you've already mentioned.  I'll see what happens over the next few days, maybe go back to Virgin....I  have 14 days to decide. Very disappointed with the service provided to date.