cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Broadband

Zo9
Visitor

Are EE going to offer 'Social Tariff Broadband' to its customers on low incomes? If not, are you going to waiver cancellation fees for customers who want to switch to a provider that does offer this? 

5 REPLIES 5
MozzaSec
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

EE have no obligation to provide a social broadband tariff, as EE are part of the BT Group,  BT offer the Social Tariff  for all the entities in the group. 

Have a look for BT Home Essentials, and bare in mind its a max speed of 67mb/s and has limitations.. and is means tested and you have to prove your eligibility every year. 

If you are having payment difficulties then reach out to customer services or the like of Citizens Advice or StepChange who can help as well with payment issues. 

This may sounds harsh, but EE can make you pay the cancellation fees, as per the T&C's

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Zo9,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Our Customer Care Team will be happy to take a look at your account and see what options are available to you.

Thanks

James

Thank you James , I’ll try phoning later today 👍

Collar55
Visitor

I have just gone over to Social Broadband and was told there was no charges. But 10 day's later received a bill for £61.53 as an early Cancellation charge. It seems when contacting EE everyone has a odd responce some say yes there is a charge and some say no charge not sure what to expect next.

Neil-O
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Collar55 Did you switch from EE to BT Home Essentials Broadband | Universal Credit Broadband If so there shouldn't have been a cancellation charge. 

How do I get Home Essentials?

You can switch over for no extra charge if you’re an existing BT, EE or Plusnet broadband customer who’s eligible for our Home Essentials package.

Call your provider number and we’ll handle the rest:

BT customers please call 0800 800 150 Monday - Friday 8am - 9pm Saturday - Sunday 8am - 8pm

EE customers please call 0800 079 5122 Monday - Friday 8am - 9pm Saturday - Sunday 8am - 8pm

Plusnet customers please call 0800 432 0200 Monday - Sunday 8am - 8pm

Thanks

Neil