Broadband

trevw
Investigator
Investigator

Hi  I use to be with bt and have been moved to ee , with bt broadband I had 3 discs which I could put in different rooms to give good wifi  but now I am with ee I can’t get a signal in my conservatory like I could with bt and now my security camera shows poor wifi connection  can I have a disc wifi extender like with bt 

4 REPLIES 4
BrendonH
Community Hero
Community Hero

Just because BT did this doesn't mean EE have to. They may be the same company but they are currently run separately.

You could purchase said discs, or do you still have the discs from BT? Or did you have the send them back?

Why not see if thry work, I believe the equipment is the same just got different logo on front.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@trevw   you could carry on using your BT router and discs, but the discs may not work with the new EE Router.

Which Broadband Service did you take out?  Did you also include Smart WiFi Plus which would have given you suitable discs?

Hi thanks for reply when bt phoned me and talked me into having halo3+ it sounded ok and I said I need the discs to reach my security camera and was told to keep my discs because they would work with the halo3+ hub so I agreed and in the add the image shows bt hub 2 a disc and hybrid and what I got was just the hub which is completely different design to mine and has ee on it and the hybrid but no disc and my discs do not pair with it at all  

Neil-O
EE Community Support Team

Hi @trevw I'm sorry to see you're having problems with your discs. 

Halo 3+ is a BT broadband service. Are you sure you've been moved to New EE Broadband? Some BT Broadband customers are now being provided with EE branded equipment. The EE Smart Hub (2023) is the same as a BT Smart Hub 2 but in a different casing. Check out this link to see the different types of Hubs and let me know one have you been sent? Set up your Home Broadband EE Router | Broadband help | EE

Thanks

Neil