cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call charges from Apple Watch paired plans

NONO10
Investigator
Investigator

Is anyone getting charged for calls when using cellular with an Apple Watch paired plan 30d?

I have been getting charged recently - even though I have an unlimited plan on the same account.

17 REPLIES 17
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@NONO10  It will depend if that number your calling is a chargeable number,  your unlimited tariff doesn’t include chargeable numbers. 

All regular UK mobiles that are free when called from my phone.

@NONO10   Is that call being made from the watch or the phone ?  

From the watch when out of range of the phone. Previously these calls were free.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @NONO10,

Our Customer Care Team will be happy to look into this billing issue if you get in touch.

Thanks

James

stephanie1001
Investigator
Investigator

This keeps happening to me. I find the charges on my bill. For UK mobiles that should be included in my paired plan. I contact EE, they apologise and refund me and then I've logged in to find once again my last two bills i've been charged for outgoing calls to uk numbers from my apple watch. It is getting a bit ridiculous now.

Leanne_T

Hi @stephanie1001 

Is the watch connected to the phone still? 

Are the charges showing on the Apple watch number on the bill? 

Leanne.

I think it happens when I go out for a walk without my phone. The charges are showing on the apple watch number on the bill yes. I've been told previously by customer service people at EE that this shouldn't be happening and the last person said they would add something to stop it happening again.

Leanne_T

Thanks @stephanie1001 

Could you try the steps in the If your Apple Watch isn't connected or paired with your iPhone - Apple Support page, to see if this helps? 

Leanne.